Property News Roundup June 20th, 2022
We’re delighted to share the weekly news highlights below.
- Cambodia & Thailand Urge Opening of Four More Border Crossings
Cambodia and Thai authorities have urged the opening of four more borders crossing, according to a meeting between the Pursat and Trat provincial administrations. Four borders checkpoints include An Ses checkpoint, Thmor Da checkpoint, Phnom Dey check point and Chob Koki checkpoint.
June 10, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3zuidOE
- MME Urges Implementation of Two Major Clean Energy Efficiency Projects
The Ministry of Mines and Energy (MME) has announced the implementation of two projects, including an energy efficiency project for Royal Government buildings and a pilot project to supply electricity to village without electricity through a solar power system connected to a small power supply network.
June 10, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3NJWKpj
- PPWSA Plans 5,000 Cubic Metre Water Treatment Plant Near Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone
The Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority plans to build a water treatment plants in Boeung Thom area, near Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone with a capacity of 5,000 cubic metres per day.
June 09, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/39gVc7j
- Cambodia’s rubber export up 3 pct in first 5 months of 2022
Cambodia exported 105,048 tons of dry rubber in the first five months of 2022, up 3 percent compared to the same period last year, said General Director of Rubber report on Friday.
June 11, 2022 | Khmer Times | Link: https://bit.ly/3mBgcIV
- Investors encouraged to buy JS Land stock after Garden Residency 2 ‘topping’
Publicly traded condominium developer JS Land have completed ‘topping’ of their flagship 369-unit Garden Residency 2 project in Phnom Penh’s Sen Sok district hosting a celebratory event with both company and industry stakeholders.
June 13, 2022 | Cambodia Investment Review | Link: https://bit.ly/3zwSntp
- MPWT discusses wastewater treatment system development project in Takhmao City
The Ministry of Public Work and Transport (MPWT) has discussed a project to develop a wastewater treatment system in Takhmao City, Kandal province which is under a concessional loan from the Export-Import Bank of Korea.
June 13, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3MKHEP4
- China Provides Over US$4M of Special Fund to Developing 13 Key Sectors in Cambodia
Cambodia and China have signed an agreement on the cooperation projects of Mekong-Lancang Cooperation Special Fund 2022, in which Cambodia has granted funds in the amount of US$4,335,900 to develop 13 key sectors.
June 13, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3aMoR8w
- France Helps Rehabilitate 15 Canals in Kandal and Construct Irrigation Systems in Other Provinces
Through France Development Agency (AFD) in Cambodia, France has helped improve and rehabilitate completely 15 canals in Kandal province and build major irrigation systems in some provinces from 2019 to present.
June 14, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3zCsubv
- Cambodia-Vietnam considering waterway connection between Kep-Phu Quoc Island
Cambodia and Vietnamese authorities are discussing the connection of waterway infrastructure between Kep and Koh Tral, Vietnam, to provide more options for tourists.
June 14, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3xs63Dh
- Cambodia needs nearly $50 billion to implement 330 projects in the next 10 years
HE Sun Chanthol said that Cambodia needs to invest nearly 50 billion US dollars to develop about 330 projects in the next 10 years to make Cambodia’s logistics and transportation costs more competitive the before and contribute to attracting investors to create jobs in Cambodia.
June 15, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3MVfVLv
- Svay Rieng provincial administration builds riverside to enhance city aesthetics
The provincial administration said on June 15 that the provincial administration is building the second phase of the Vaikoo River’s riverside landscape, while the first phase suited to the west of the river was put into use in April.
June 15, 2022 | Construction Property| Link: https://bit.ly/3tAMcAw
- IMF: World to Gain Nearly US78$ Trillion Over Coming Decades by Making Energy Transaction
In the upcoming decades, the world will gain US$77.89 trillion by replacing coal with renewable energy, according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
June 15, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3OdMup0
- Construction businesses register in single postal worth US$1 billion investment value
According to the press release from the Ministry of Economy and Finance, business applications in the construction sector accounted for 21.6 percent or about US$1 billion of the investment value of total registered investment value.
June 16, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3tAHnHp
- Motor Cambodia Assembly Plant worth $21 million officially inaugurated
Motor Cambodia Assembly Plant worth more than $21 million in Pursat province was officially inaugurated on June 16, 2022, in the presence of His Excellency Hun Manet, Deputy Commander of the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces and Commander of the Army.
June 16, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/3Qqe04p
- Cambodia, Korea agree on $1.5 billion loan for priority projects 2022-2026
The royal government of Cambodia and the Republic of Korea has approved the prioritized projects in the Financing Cooperation Framework 2022-2026, which is worth about $1.5 billion along with US$50 million of grant aid to develop key sectors in Cambodia.
June 16, 2022 | Construction Property | Link: https://bit.ly/39v5mkw