Monthly Archives: February 2011
Tourism Rebounds Strongly Visitors to the Angkor Wat temple complex in Siem Reap Cambodia increased 35% in January, as reported by the Cambodia Daily this morning. The total number of visitors to the temples in 2010 was 1.15million. In 2010 the total number of tourists arriving in Cambodia increased by 16% to 2.5million. Arrivals by air increased 17%. Ho Vandy, the Minister for Tourism is quoted as saying ‘We still lack flights carrying tourists from one area to another area. We need diversity in tourism.’ Currently most visitors fly to Siem Reap in Cambodia and may choose to fly back out to Bangkok. Only 7% of tourists arriving in Cambodia go to the south coast. It is an untapped growth market. Flights from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh and Ream airport on the south coast are essential to help achieve this.
Koh Rong is a 78 km square island about 20 km off the coast of Sihanoukville. In conjunction with The Royal Group, CBRE is now seeking partners amongst leading resort and hotel brands and investors to create truly world class resorts on this beautiful island, which boasts:
- 43 kilometers of pristine white sand beaches.
- A commercially viable investment.
- Ecologically sound.
- 99 year lease in perpetuity.
For more information about this unique opportunity, please visit the dedicated website http://www.kohrong.com.kh
New office building located opposite the Royal Palace across the Tonle Sap river. This building has the following features:
- Newly built office for only $7 psqm represents great value for money.
- Floor to ceiling glass offering fantastic views across Phnom Penh.
- Due to its location, there is minimal traffic congestion and fresh air.
- Easily accessible by frequent ferry crossings or via the Chroy Changvar bridge.
- Balcony areas on each floor providing ideal “break-out” areas.
- Immediate occupancy available
CBRE Cambodia was recently appointed by Attwood Investment Group Co Ltd to market a 1,000‑ha concession with government licenses to construct a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) comprising a deep water container port, an industrial and logistics development area, an intermodal port connecting to the national and regional railway, on-site power generation, water supply and water treatment as well as sand extraction rights. The site is located on the south coast of Cambodia close to Sihanoukville. Initial landscaping and construction of the local port has commenced. CBRE is seeking interest from developers/investors in this project, which is one of the most important industrial infrastructure projects in Cambodia with regional significance.
CBRE Global Research and Consulting publicly releases some of its analytical work to assist the industry in understanding the global market trends and conditions that are shaping our economies and business strategies.
View Latest Global Research Reports:
- Special Report: Global Office Development Cycle: Where Are We Now? (December 2010)
- Global MarketView: 2011 Outlook for Office Real Estate (December 2010)
- Global Retail MarketView (Q3 2010)
- Global Office MarketView: Rental Cycle (Q3 2010)
- Global Office MarketView: Rents (November 2010)
- Global Industrial MarketView: Logistics (November 2010)
View Past Global Research Reports :
Learn more about CBRE Research by region: